Time commitment varies depending on the duties. For Information and Support Line work and mail order work, you will need to commit to a minimum of four hours each fortnight for 6 or 12 months.
What about training?
Training will be provided to all volunteers. For some positions, successful completion of training is required before you can be appointed to the job. All volunteer positions are supervised.
How do I apply?
1. Download and fill in the expression of interest form and send it replied paid to Hepatitis SA Inc, Reply Paid 782, Kent Town DC, SA 5071.
If your interest is with the telephone line, we will send to you an invitation to our obligation-free orientation/information session.
The Information session is an introduction to Hepatitis SA and to the work that volunteers can undertake with Hepatitis SA. At the session you will be provided with:
- job descriptions for the different volunteer positions
- application forms for those positions
- details on Hepatitis SA policies
- training time-table.
You may put in yoru application at the end of the information session or take it home and return it by the specified date, or you may choose not to apply at all.
3. Other Program Areas
If you are interested to volunteer in other areas, a formal application form will be sent out to you.
How will my application be processed?
- Your application will be considered based on the job specification of the position/s you’ve applied for.
- If you’re short-listed, you will be invited to attend an interview.
All volunteer placements are subject to a three-month trial period.
Hepatitis SA is committed to equal opportunity in employment. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, physical or intellectual abilities, sexuality, marital status, religious or political beliefs or health status that is irrelevant to the work being applied for. People with hepatitis C are encouraged to apply for paid and volunteer positions.
or Download an Expression of Interest Form.
Tel: 08 8362 8443
How're We Doing?
CNP at HepSA
Full range of free needles and syringes, plus water and filters for sale.